Updated December 10th, 2021
As per the Government on Ontario and Toronto Public Health's mandate for proof of vaccination for ... indoor areas of facilities used for sports and recreational fitness activities...
- All Basketball World Toronto programs for ADULTS (and for YOUTH AGES 12 - 18 starting DECEMBER 20th, 2022) will require proof of vaccination.
- In order to participate in a Basketball World Toronto ADULT or YOUTH Program, you & your child MUST be FULLY VACCINATED (and the final dose MUST have been provided at least 14 days before the start of your program).
- In order to participate in a BWT ADULT or YOUTH Program, you & your child will be REQUIRED to show proof of the following ...
- Starting January 1st, 2022 - We will required proof ONLY VIA the Ontario Proof of Vaccination QR CODE (showing 2 doses received). No exceptions will be accepted.
- AND it has been at least 14 days since your last vaccination.
- AND Valid Photo ID (Driver's Licence or Health Card Only).
HOW DO I GET A VALID PROVINCE OF ONTARIO PROOF OF VACCINATION PROOF QR CODE - Click below
GOVERNMENT OF ONTARIO EXCEPTION
If you have a Government of Ontario Exception, you must provide the following written document from a physician or nurse practitioner outlining the medical exemption and the document must include:
- the name and contact information of the physician or nurse practitioner (for example, phone number and address)
- a logo or letterhead identifying the physician or nurse practitioner
- a statement that there is a medical reason for your exemption for being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- an effective time period for the medical reason within the date you are seeking access to the business or organization
NEGATIVE COVID TEST
- A negative COVID-19 Test is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
YOUTH PARTICIPANTS BORN IN 2011 OR LATER
- Youth participants born in 2011 (Ages 11 or born later than 2011 i.e. younger than 11) are EXEMPT from this regulation. Please note this may change as per the Province of Ontario rules and this is not an exception that we can predict.
- PLEASE NOTE - The majority of facilities ARE NOT ALLOWING SPECTATORS AT ALL. If the facility DOES ALLOW SPECTATORS & IF BWT HAS DECIDED TO ALLOW SPECTATORS, 1 parent, family member OR 1 guardain will also be ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS and BWT will not ensure the spectators will be allowed in at the same time due to a shortage of resources.
E&OE (Errors & Omissions Excepted) - This information is subject to change at any time and it is the responsibility of each player (adult or youth player/youth parent) to know this information or to inquire with ENOUGH TIME to get a response AND to avoid being refused to participate at a site on the day of the program as last-minute exceptions WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE DUE TO A SHORTAGE OF RESOURCES AND TIME TO MANAGE SPECIFIC SITUATIONS.